Saturday, July 23, 2011

Seriously, can I have some cookies?

I get home, walk into the kitchen and notice a bag with KY Jelly in it:
Me: “Can I have some cookies?”
Her: “No, I’m saving them for later.”
Me:  “You always say that.”
Her: “I know, but they are mine and I can do whatever I want with them.”
Me: “Right, but because you almost never give them to me, they will just sit and get stale. That’s why I ask.”
Her: Frustrated. “You ask because you’re greedy. Listen, they’re mine and don’t ask me for them again, or I’ll get mad.”
Me: “What difference does it make if you get mad or not, you still won’t give them to me?”
Her: “HOPPY, this is getting old, take the cookies!”
Me:  “Seriously, just take’em!?”
Her: “YEAH, AS A MATTER OF FACT, I’LL GIVE THEM TO YOU NOW!”
She turns around and hands me two peanut butter cookies that have been sitting on the stove. MAN, a brother can’t win! I guess this would have ended better for me if we both were on the same page. The morale of the joke is: communication is key in any relationship; there is no peace in the home without it.
I wish Hoppy learned that before 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment